ERP in the construction industry: services, integrations & deployment tips
August 22, 2023
- Case studies
50+ completed projects of different scales across various industries
Hands-on expertise in delivering out-of-the-box, custom, and hybrid ERP solutions
An Odoo Silver Partner
A NetSuite Solution Provider
Contractor & subcontractor management
- Contractor and subcontractor data storage (insurance data, health and safety data, training and skills data)
- Contractor and subcontractor registration
- Quotation management
- Work orders creation and issuing
- Work progress tracking
- Tracking of billable tasks with completion status
- Tracking of scheduled and change work order statuses from request to approval
- Running account bill generation
- Performance monitoring
- Bill and payment tracking
- Analytics and reporting (contractor/subcontractor performance, rate analysis, snag list report, job costing, etc.)
Are you looking for a reliable tech partner for your construction ERP project?
Essential integrations for construction ERP systems
ERP solutions should be well-integrated with the company's IT environment. To ensure uninterrupted data flow across all departments and business processes, we recommend integrating construction ERP platforms with the following systems:
Integration with customer relationship management software enables sales teams to access relevant data on the cost of work, project progress, and received payments quickly to manage sales relationships and customer service better. ERP-CRM integration also makes customer and prospect data (quotes, plans, agreements, invoices) available company-wide.
When integrated with business intelligence software, ERP facilitates advanced analytics capabilities for all authorized parties across the enterprise, automatic generation of custom reports and dashboards, planning what-if scenarios, and running predictive analytics and modeling.
Building information modeling tools
Safe and quick transfer of buildings’ virtual models from BIM to the ERP database aids in accurate construction project planning and costing. Meanwhile, reporting on construction issues helps prevent similar challenges in future projects.
Project management software
This integration helps oversee projects in progress, employees and teams involved, ongoing and scheduled works, and project timeframes for improved work scheduling, and task prioritization.
This integration leads to enhanced collaboration between different departments and employees, as well as a quick exchange of information between a company and its partners and customers.
Construction ERP project lifecycle
Identification and analysis of key processes, workflows, and technology environment
Definition of industry regulations and compliance requirements
Elicitation of business goals, end-user needs, and expectations
Definition of software requirements for the future ERP system
Design & technology selection
Conceptualization of the ERP solution
ERP solution architecture design
ERP integration scope definition
Optimal technology stack selection
Definition of the project scope and deliverables
ERP projects scheduling and budgeting
Data migration strategy development
User onboarding planning
Risk management strategy development
Customization of the off-the-shelf ERP or development of a custom ERP solution
Platform integration using custom code, pre-built connectors, or APIs
ERP functional and security testing
Usability testing of the ERP solution with focus groups
ERP performance and compatibility testing
Bugs and issues resolution
Deployment & handover
ERP solution deployment to production
Data migration from corporate systems and apps to ERP
User acceptance testing
User training and onboarding
Post-launch support (L1-L3)
Platform users and infrastructure support
ERP system fine-tuning in line with customer concerns or suggestions
ERP system troubleshooting
Сonstruction ERP benefits
Construction data consolidation
Accelerated project planning & management
Accurate cost & revenue estimation
ERP for construction: considerations before the adoption
When choosing an ERP solution for construction, one of the most critical decisions is cloud or on-premises hosting. This decision influences the pricing model, solution scalability, hardware investments, deployment speed, and more.
- An on-premise construction ERP system is run on the company’s proprietary infrastructure, which means the organization faces high upfront investments in hardware, facilities, and an in-house IT team to manage solution’s customization, maintenance, security, upgrades, etc.
- Cloud-based ERP software can be deployed and scaled faster and easier, as the company doesn’t need to provide the IT infrastructure and in-house expertise. Many companies consider the subscription-based model an undeniable advantage; however, in the long run, the subscription fee and ongoing support and maintenance fees can get too high compared to on-premises ERP.
- A hybrid construction ERP solution, which combines on-premise and cloud ERP modules, is an alternative for companies looking to maintain the inherent scalability and flexibility of cloud solutions without losing the security of ERP modules running in-house. However, integrating and maintaining hybrid ERP requires advanced expertise and considerable investments.
Implement construction ERP with Itransition
Itransition delivers scalable and cost-effective construction ERP solutions as well as optimizes the existing ERP software to better digitalize and orchestrate core processes.
Itransition’s ERP consultants provide advisory support along the construction ERP implementation and optimization, helping you mitigate project risks and ensure high ROI by taking on:
- Analysis of business needs and technology environment
- ERP solution architecture design
- ERP software selection
- ERP strategy creation and roadmapping
- ERP implementation support
Entrust your ERP project to Itransition
An Odoo-based BPM solution for a car service center
Read the case study of Itransition's team delivering a BPM solution based on multiple customized Odoo modules for a Canadian car service provider.
LMS solution with ERP features for an eLearning company
Learn how Itransition created an Odoo-based LMS solution to let the client deliver parenting education online.
A furniture manufacturing software suite
Read the story behind Itransition’s 5-year collaboration with a leading UK furniture manufacturer on web, mobile and VR solutions.
ERP integration: types, approaches, key steps & services
We guide you through the ERP integration process by outlining integration types and common approaches, challenges, benefits, and project steps and timeline.
ERP implementation strategy: approaches, steps, and guidelines
Find out how to select the right ERP implementation strategy and set a suitable roadmap for successful software adoption.