Mobile App + Web Service + Desktop Utility
The solution delivered by Itransition consists of the following major components:
- iPhone/iPod/iPad application can be used both as a monitor and for configuring user account settings
- Back-end Web Service enables integration with VoIP provider, contains audio pattern recognition algorithms and allows alert management
- Hardware configuration utility for Windows and Mac OS X helps users setup the monitoring device using standard WiFi networks
- Website integrated with payment gateways faces the Internet audience and allows monitoring baby sleep via web browser
Ingenious Mobile App
The iPhone application is the kernel part of the solution as it provides the ability to get the information from the remote Baby Monitor hardware device by receiving processed data from the server. The mobile interface can also display basic data related to Baby Monitor status and personal usage statistics information.
The application visualizes the collected data allowing parents to track baby’s behavior dynamics and also keeps them connected to the relevant Internet resources and social network groups providing a way to keep an eye on the latest trends and even get a professional advice.
Extended Server Performance
The back-end server part of the application was developed using Java technology stack. It is integrated with VoIP services provider via SIP and was designed with high performance and scalability in mind to support a large number of monitor devices and iPhones. In addition to the primary task of enabling the communication over the Internet connection, the server part stores and process statistics based on monitoring events. The web server tracks, stores, and graphs baby’s cries and uses the information to provide relevant parenting content based on child’s cry patterns.
Cutting-Edge Technology Web Service
Highly professional Itransition Ruby on Rails team was involved in the front-end website development.
The website’s functionality enables every customer and baby monitor device owner to register and log in to restricted customer area. Parents can listen to their baby right from the user area as well as set up SMS, email, and call notifications in line with personal preferences:
- Remote devices listening right from the website
- Enabled devices current status tracking
- Usage and events history
- Notifications and alerts configuration
- Graphs and charts
- Active subscriptions and additional services management
Consequently, parents can track their baby’s activity and notice changes at any time. The website users can order paid services and extended subscriptions they need through the integrated payment gateways.
Device Configuration Tool
One of the most challenging project tasks was the configuration of the user interface of Baby Monitor Device. We created a desktop application that allows setting up and configuring the hardware device when it is connected to PC or Mac. The configuration tool assisted users to identify and connect to any available Wi-Fi network and manage network settings.