The Itransition team was tasked with development of a web portal meeting the criteria of top-notch quality, high productivity and high search engine ranking.
To craft a rich-functionality E- commerce portal, online shop builder Web66 capabilities were leveraged, the development effort encompassing E-commerce components development and ORM solution implementation from scratch. Every single feature of the solution was thoroughly worked upon and implemented to provide a rich-functionality tool for business managers while ensuring intuitive navigation and seamless experience for end users.
The idea of developing a one-stop online store is not innovative by itself. The web portal owes its profitability and success with end users to detection of an unoccupied market niche, as well as to impeccable technical implementation. Later on, Weddix GmbH approached Itransition asking to supplement weddix.de with a satellite web portal, focused around notebooks, cards and presents this time – momentissimo.de.
Front End Functionality
The portal users are offered a comprehensive suite of services and features. Front end functionality includes:
- Reference sections: nowadays finding the relevant information may pose a greater challenge than finding the necessary product. Weddix.de visitors are provided with detailed information on any possible aspect of wedding preparation ranging from reception and ceremony venues to the latest bridal fashion trends;
- eCommerce module: portal users place orders, add items to their shopping carts and make payments using credit cards or online payment accounts;
- Social network capabilities: a customer feedback functionality is implemented. Jforum, an efficient forum engine, was utilized for integrating forum capabilities and generating heavy (up to 600 forum entries per month) community involvement;
- Spatial search is a combination of Apache Lucene – a full-featured text search engine library – with Google Maps resulting in the most accurate searching for the nearest locations;
Back End Functionality
The .NET based thick client used by system administrators enables to manage the two web portals from a single admin interface. The portal back end functionality includes a number of modules:
- Content management: the keyboard accessible and markup generated XStandard WYSIWYG editor was utilized to provide business managers with a rich-functionality content management tool;
- Administration features include user management and permission management;
- eCommerce module: the solution is integrated with Microsoft Dynamics NAV, which is used for stocking products and order processing;
- Report generation: integration with List&Label report generator enables to enhance the .NET thick application with all types of evaluations to drill into various aspects of online shops’ performance;
- Marketing module includes sending newsletters, organizing contests, etc. Furthermore, new advanced marketing tools are being introduced and implemented on a regular basis;