Intensive and strictly timed, the project posed a number of technical and business challenges:
- Quick start and work up-tempo. Considering upcoming deadline and the amount of work left before the launch of the solution, the Customer required rapid development team augmentation and good working performance. Itransition integrated 8 senior .NET developers who studied quickly the context of the project and set down to development in a couple of days. To accomplish the Customer’s objective, our team worked overtime.
- Lack of requirements and technology tracking from the vendor. The provided technical and business documentation was incomplete. During development, Itransition encountered some functional features that were not documented, yet needed implementation. Our team had to reorganize the development process quickly, considering the new requirements.
- Geographically distributed development. Itransition was responsible for the solution’s frontend development and testing, as well as integration with Exchange, while the internal Customer’s team performed server data synchronization and configuration. Our team established uninterrupted communication with the Customer’s team through instant messaging, everyday video conferences, weekly progress reports etc.
Together with the Customer, Itransition developed a frontend part of the solution based on the CRM portal and mail application integration. The solution provides for seamless data synchronization between the systems, and allows end-users to get immediate access to their CRM accounts, leads, opportunities, products and other custom objects directly from the mail application.
To make the solution easily adoptable and self-explanatory, our team leveraged the custom MS OutLook interface as a ground for the application. Hence, end users can work with their customer and corporate information, without leaving their favorite applications – MS Outlook and Windows.
Guided by the goal of integrating the application into the sales specialists’ every day workflows, our team implemented the following features:
- Contact, account, opportunities entities management – listing and related CRUD operations through details forms with inline fields editing. Flexible sharing options and deduplication system help effectively resolve collisions
- The full cycle lead management tracking
- Related Activities management, operations are built-in in details forms of main objects
- Landing page with data summary, search and query builder experience
Designed to be used by millions of corporate users, the application is scalable and load-resistant. Our team implemented automated deployment system that creates a new server and a database automatically, each time the overhead limit is exceeded.
When it comes to a SaaS-based enterprise solution, used by thousands of companies, seamless data synchronization, excellent system performance, accessibility from various web browsers and sensitive corporate data security appear to be the most critical issues. An independent Itransition’s QA department was involved to cover all the project quality assurance needs.
The QA team comprised 6 people, who spent 400+ hours on both manual and automated testing, ensuring all aspects of the application function well. Itransition performed:
- Functional testing
- Graphical interface testing
- Cross-browser testing
- Accessibility testing
- Globalization testing
- Performance testing
- Stress testing
As a result, we discovered and fixed all defects before the solution was deployed to production. Moreover, our team made 300+ alignments to the project documentation, preventing potential failures.
The system supports Mac OS and Windows 7 and higher, and is integrated with Office 365 Subscription System for user accounts’ data synchronization.
Utterly satisfied with Itransition’s excellent .NET knowledge, accurate process organization and teamwork skills, the Customer requested our assistance in the development of a similar solution for another client of theirs.
The main objective of the later one was to launch an efficient tool supporting the core salesforce business processes –opportunities management and communication with clients.
Relying on the prototype provided by the Customer’s team, Itransition developed an advanced web application enabling sales specialists to employ the potential of a CRM system without leaving an Outlook application. The solution allows end users to save data from emails (customers’ and companies’ names, leads’ status etc.) directly to the CRM, and vice-a-versa, retrieve the relevant information on accounts from the CRM (events, tasks, cases, leads, contacts etc.).
Within the project framework, our team performed integration between the provided CRM system and MS OutLook, to ensure data integrity between them. For secure delegated access to the corporate environment, we employed OAuth open standard for user authorization and Single SignOn between OutLook Web Access and the CRM.
Our team also integrated the solution with Exchange Web Services allowing end users to receive mails, save attachments and information related to them.